Real Estate — $1,326,600
Tracts 1, 2, 5 & 6 — $919,600
Tracts 3 & 4 — $407,00
3324 Balmer Fenwick Road
Floyds Knobs, IN 47119
10% Buyer’s Premium added to the hammer bid price and included in the total purchase price to be paid by the successful bidder(s).
Real Estate Terms
10% Non-refundable down payment due day of auction, balance due in 40 days. Possession at closing. Selling as is without contingencies, all inspections welcomed prior to the auction. TAXES If the property sells in individual tracts the buyer will assume 2021 taxes due 2022. If the property sells to one buyer the taxes will be prorated to the day of closing.
- Sunday, March 8, 1-4 pm
- Or call for a private appointment
Clarissa Alvey Estate
Additional Land Available
Also selling immediately following the auction of the Alvey Farm, we will sell at absolute auction a 4.14 acre homesite with pole barn and shed adjacent to Tract 1 and 3 with 143’ road frontage located at 3100 Emmons Lane. Property is owned by Charles Jr. & Janet Alvey.
The Clarissa Alvey Estate is selling live onsite to the highest bidder 173 acres of choice Floyd County land with home and barn located in beautiful Floyds Knobs Indiana. The land will be offered in 6 contiguous tracts ranging in size from 7 acres to 51 acres of primarily open and gently rolling land with an expansive countryside view offering great private homesites, recreational land or farmland. Bid on one tract, a combination of tracts or the entirety. Plan to attend this live auction only event to buy Floyd County land at your price.
- 173 Acres – 6 Tracts
- Floyd County – Lafayette Township
- Beautiful Private Building Sites, Recreational Land, and Farmland
- 5 Ponds – Potential Lake Sites
- 1,344 Square Foot Bedford Stone Ranch
- 40’ x 75’ Implement Barn
- 920’ Elevation
- Recently Completed Survey
- 1164’ Feet Road Frontage on Tract 6
- Shared 50’ Roadway Easement
- Clark County REMC Electric & Borden Water Available
- 9 Miles to Downtown New Albany
172 ACRES | 6 TRACTS | HOME | BARN
The farm was owned and operated by the late Charles and Clarissa Alvey and for over 60 years. The property has 173 contiguous acres of open and rolling farmland with woods, ponds, and potential lake sites. Tract 1 includes the homeplace, a circa 1962 Bedford stone 2 bedroom – 1 bath ranch and a large implement barn. The farm will sell in 6 tracts from 7-acres to 51-acres each offering a beautiful private homesite. In 2019 the estate leased 91 acres as farmland. Each tract will be offered individually and in combinations using the multi-par auction method to determine the final selling price and buyer(s).
51.28 ACRES – HOME – IMPLEMENT BARN
- 51.28 Acres of open and rolling farmland
- 1,344 square foot 2 bedroom-1 bath Bedford stone ranch built 1962 with 1,056 square foot unfinished basement, LP gas heat, wood stove, and well water – home in need of repairs
- 40’ x 75’ x 10’ open implement barn
- 3 ponds
- 50’ shared roadway easement with 2024’ access
- 29.46 Acres of unimproved open and rolling farmland
- Great homesite with potential lake site
- 50’ shared roadway easement with 2798’ access
- 31.32 Acres of unimproved open and rolling farmland
- Great homesite with an elevation of 920 feet with views overlooking the expansive countryside
- 2 large ponds
- 50’ shared roadway easement with appx. 650’ access.
- Easement transverses the west side of property and grants access to Tract 4
- 25.61 Acres of unimproved open and wooded land
- Private homesite with wooded hillside acreage that falls to an Indian Creek tributary with 16’ easement to Emmons Lane – perfect for offroad vehicles
- 50’ shared roadway easement with 150’ access
- 28.20 Acres of unimproved open and rolling farmland
- Great homesite with potential lake site
- 50’ shared roadway easement with 60’ access
- 7.20 Acres of unimproved level farmland
- Located in Flood Zone A and may be subject to building limitations
- 50’ shared roadway easement with 849’ access
- 1164’ road frontage on Balmer Fenwick Road
Property is being sold without deed restrictions or protective covenants.
Per the director of Floyd County Building & Developing Services – “The lots as presented in the survey are buildable per Floyd County Zoning and Subdivision standards. Any plans for future division of lots would need to meet Floyd County Zoning and Subdivision standards prior to splits being made.”
All lots shall benefit from a 50’ road and utility easement as shown on the Division Plan. The owners shall share proportionately the expense of all reasonable and necessary maintenance and repairs required to maintain the private roadway. The easement currently follows the existing asphalt driveway to a point and will then follow to the existing unimproved Alvey Farm Road as shown on the Division Plan.
FEMA map indicates Tract 6 is located in Flood Zone A.
Clark County REMC
Borden Tri-County Water
TAXES 2018/2019 Lafayette Township (Annual)
- Tract 1 & 2 (Includes Home & Barn) — $1,586.34
- Tract 3 — $156.66 *
- Tract 4 — $116.34
- Tract 5 — $226.46 *
- Tract 6 — $198.54
*Amounts reflect smaller parcel and/or past improvements
EXEMPTIONS ON TRACT 1
- Disabled — $12,480
- Homestead — $45,000
- Supplement — $26,880
Floyds Knobs Elementary
Highland Hills Middle
Floyd Central High
The multi-parcel auction method is used to sell multiple parcels (tracts) of real estate at auction – first offering each tract individually, and then in various combinations. The final sales price is determined by the combinations which realize the highest bid.
- Don’t wait until the end; prices will not go down.
- Bid only on the tracts that you want to own.
- Any posted bid is considered active and could be back in winning position any time during
- Before the auction, determine your auction strategy – what you want to buy and how
much you can bid.
- Consult with Harritt Group staff to help with bidding strategy or math before/during the auction.
Call 812-944-0217 for further explanation or schedule an appointment with Ben Harritt to view a demo of the multipar software.
FROM PAOLI PIKE
From downtown Floyds Knobs take Scottsville Road north 3.8 miles to right on Starlight Road. 1.2 miles to right on Roberts Road. Continue 1.2 miles to straight on Banet Road to left on Balmer Fenwick Road. Auction immediately on left.