The Joe Huber Family is selling live onsite their long-established Starlight Farm and Restaurant at auction. The diverse 156-acre tract of land will be offered in 20 lots and will include the Joe Huber Family Farm Restaurant with two banquet halls and farm market, the homeplace of Bonnie & the late Joe Huber and 18 tillable and wooded lots. This is a rare buying opportunity for entrepreneurs, investors, farmers or individuals to purchase one of Clark County’s premier properties.
Saturday, November 17th
10:00 AM (EST)
Joe Huber’s Barn #1
2421 Engle Road, Borden, IN
Sunday, November 11th, 2-4pm
A masterfully restored turn of the century 3700 square foot farmhouse full of original charm and modern updates on 0.87 acre with gated courtyard and 3 car garage in beautiful Starlight Indiana. This one of a kind property is meticulously maintained and selling partially furnished with leather sofas, recliners, dining and bedroom suites and a 65” Samsung Curved TV with Bose stereo system.
- 3 Family Rooms
- First Floor – 2117 Square Feet
- Second Floor – 960 Square Feet
- Walkout Basement – 702 Square Feet + Stone Cellar
- Privacy Fenced Backyard – Iron Gated Courtyard – Brick Sidewalks
- Wraparound Deck – Master Bedroom Deck – 2nd Floor Balcony
- Cement Siding – Dimensional Shingles – Replacement Windows
- 3 Car Detached Garage
- 0.87 Acre Lot
The original homeplace built around 1890 has been meticulously updated and maintained throughout its history. Filled with natural light and warm touches this spacious turn of the century farmhouse with additions beautifully combines tradition with modern updates. The 3 bedroom – 2.5 bath two story home offers over 3700 square feet of living space with french doors, built-in cabinetry and custom millwork throughout. Highlights include a first floor master bedroom suite with laundry, large eat-in kitchen, formal dining, family room with wet bar, office and family room in lower level, two bedrooms and family room up, plus a wrap around deck, balcony with a breathtaking view, brick courtyard and sidewalks and a detached 3 car garage all on a 0.87 acre lot in the heart of Starlight. From their dining table, Joe and Bonnie were able to serve thousands of family meals, oversee business operations and pioneer the “U-Pick” revolution. This renowned home was built to last and is ready for new memories and traditions.
- Custom Equipped Kitchen with Center Island & Hood, Double Ovens & Corian Counters
- Master Bedroom Suite with Jetted Tub, Separate Shower, Walk-In Closet
- Formal Dining – Living Room – Sunroom
- Family Room With Fireplace – Wood & Beamed Ceilings – Wet Bar
- Cherry Cabinets – Custom Millwork – Wood & Tile Floors
- Family Room with Fireplace and Office in Finished Basement
- Waterford Crystal Chandeliers – Majority of Furniture Included
- Recently Installed Septic System
- Heat Pump HVAC Systems
REAL ESTATE TAXES
- Annual — $914.16
- Homestead — $45,000
- Homestead Supplement — $36,890
WEST CLARK COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
- Borden Elementary
- Borden Jr/Sr High School
- Harrison County REMC
- Borden Tri County Water
SELLER Bonnie Huber
Furniture Included with Homeplace
FIRST FLOOR FAMILY ROOM
- 2 Burgundy Leather Sofas
- 2 Burgundy Leather La-Z-Boy Recliners
- Bose Stereo System w/Speakers Inside & Out
- 54” Glass Top Metal Table
- 4 Burgundy Leather Captains Chairs
- Wet Bar Refrigerator & Entertainment Center
- 65” Samsung Curved TV
- Cherry Coffee Table & 2 End Tables
- Solid Cherry Sofa Table w/2 Benches
- Light Cherry Bedroom Suite including Bed, Dresser, Chest, Entertainment Center & 2 Nightstands
- Chaise Lounge
- 92” Solid Cherry Harvest Table & 7 Hitchcock Style Chairs
- 106” Solid Cherry Dining Table
- 10 Cherry Dining Chairs (8 Side & 2 Captain)
- Cherry Buffet w/Mirror
- Cherry China Cabinet
- Upholstered Sofa
- 2 End Tables & Cocktail Table
- Ivory Leather Couch
- Ivory Leather Chair & 2 Leather Ottomans
UPSTAIRS FAMILY ROOM
- 2 Ivory Leather Recliners
- 1 Ivory Leather Daybed
- Twin Solid Maple Beds
- Dresser, Chest of Drawers & Night Stand
- Cedar Chest
- Solid Cherry Sleigh Bed
- Solid Cherry Dresser & Night Stand
- Upholstered Chair & Matching Ottoman
- Solid Cherry Desk & Credenza
- Leather Office Chair
Terms & Conditions
BIDDING ON SITE WITH REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Bidding in this auction is being conducted live onsite. Proper and complete registration is required for all bidders. By registering, all bidders acknowledge having read and agree to be bound by the Auction Terms and Conditions.
A buyer’s premium of ten percent (10%) of the high bid shall be added to the hammer bid price and included in the total purchase price to be paid by the successful bidder(s).
Financing is not a contingency of sale in this offering.
The successful bidder(s) shall execute a purchase agreement immediately following the close of the bidding.
DOWN PAYMENT (DEPOSIT)
The successful bidder(s) shall be required to make a 10% non-refundable down payment in the form of personal or business check immediately following the close of bidding.
SUBJECT TO SELLER’S RESERVE
All final bids are subject to seller’s reserve. In instances where the seller’s reserve was not met in the auction, the signed contract and accompanying deposit will be presented to the seller for approval, which shall be given or denied in the seller’s sole discretion within 5 business days. If approval is denied, all documents and the deposit will be returned immediately.
The winning bidder shall close within 40 days of the auction date. Possession will be delivered at closing.
EVIDENCE OF TITLE
Seller shall execute a clear deed conveying the real estate to the buyer(s). Cost of title evidence, as desired by the buyer, to be a buyer’s expense. Owner’s title insurance is always strongly recommended, and that without said insurance, buyer may have no future objections to tile, or potential losses. Buyer is accepting title subject to all covenants, restrictions and easements.
REAL ESTATE TAXES & ASSESSMENTS
Buyer to assume 2019 Real Estate Taxes due 2020. All taxes are computed and based on current annual tax bill. Buyer may apply for current-year exemptions/credits if applicable, at or after closing.
Day of closing.
The Harritt Group and its representatives are exclusive agents of the seller.
A commission will be paid to any properly licensed Indiana Broker who registers a successful buyer according to the appropriate Broker Participation Agreement and requirements.
DISCLAIMER AND ABSENCE OF WARRANTY
All bidders are responsible for conducting their own inspections and due diligence concerning the property. The property is being offered on an “AS IS”, ‘WHERE IS” basis and no warranty or representations, expressed or implied, is made by the seller or the auction company. All inspections are welcomed prior to auction. All information contained in the advertising and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the purchase agreement. This property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction.
Pre-auction offers must meet all auction terms and be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Real Estate Purchase Agreement along with the required deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the seller, who may accept or reject such offer in their sole and absolute discretion.
FROM HIGHWAY 150 North 3.4 mile on Navilleton Road to right on Chapel Hill Road. 4/10 mile to left on Louis Smith Road. Continue 2 miles to right on St. John’s Road. 1 mile to right on Engle Road. 2/10 mile to auction on right.
FROM IN-60 South 2.6 miles on Dow Knob Road. Continue onto Engle Road .2 mile to Joe Huber Restaurant on right.