6:00 pm *
Wednesday, February 19
10% Buyer’s Premium added to the hammer bid price to determine the final purchase price.
Real Estate Terms
10% Non-refundable down payment in the form of cash, check or wired funds is due within 24 hours following the auction, balance due in 40 days. Taxes prorated to the day of closing. Possession at closing. Selling as is without contingencies, all inspections welcomed prior to the auction.
- Sunday, February 9, 2-4pm
- Wednesday, February 19, 11am – 1pm
- Contact us for a private appointment.
Selling online a Midtown New Albany 4 bedroom – 2 bath Victorian home with a 2-car garage with front and rear alleyway access. A unique neighborhood on a private street just minutes from schools, downtown shopping, and food destinations. Experience “Living on the Bough” in this historic neighborhood in Floyd County located near the Ohio River, across from Louisville, Kentucky.
- Cedar Bough Place Historic District Since 2002
- Bull-Wright-Coleman House 2011 Facelift Preservation Award
- 4 Bedroom – 2 Bath Victorian Home with Basement
- 2,521 Square Feet on Two Floors Plus Staircase to Attic
- Covered Front Porch, Side Porch, And Enclosed 14’ x 21’ Rear Porch
- Original Period Staircase With Landing, Wood Floors, & Wide Trim
- Four Fireplaces, Stained Glass Windows & High Ceilings
- Detached 24’ x 32’ 2-Car Garage with Alleyway Access
Cedar Bough Place resides on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of only a handful of private streets within the City of New Albany. One of the first homes built on this street in 1892, this classic Queen Anne style 2521 square foot two-story home includes front porch with turned posts, decorative brackets, and copper roof, an enclosed 14’ x 21’ rear porch, a family room addition with full bath – ideal for first-floor master bedroom suite, a spacious updated kitchen with lots of wood cabinets, swinging door to first-floor laundry, four bedrooms, and second full bath up. Additional storage is available in the full attic and unfinished basement. This unique property features 10’ plus ceilings, original woodwork, ornate stained-glass windows, four fireplaces, high-efficiency natural gas heat, central air, an On-Demand hot water heater, and partial replacement windows. An oversized two-car garage has front and rear overhead doors with alleyway access and sits on a landscaped 60’ x 125’ lot. The home’s signature crimson and yellow colorway was expertly restored in 2016 to resemble its original 1890’s glory.
Make your mark with this statement home and claim your spot in this neighborhood for generations to come.
CEDAR BOUGH HISTORY
Developed by Andos Huncilman, this single block neighborhood consists of twenty-five single-family dwellings constructed between 1891 and 1920. Since its inception, Cedar Bough Place has remained a private street, one of the very first ever created in the United States. History truly thrives “On The Bough”.
- Entry Foyer with Beautiful Grand Oak Staircase
- Spacious Equipped Eat-In Kitchen with Back Staircase
- Laundry Room and Enclosed Porch off Kitchen
- Formal Dining Room and Living Room
- Three Decorative Tiled Fireplaces with Period Mantels
- Family Room with Gas Fireplace and Built-in Bookshelves
- Full Bath with Walk-In Shower and Marble Floors
- Four Bedrooms
- Full Bath with Jetted Tub, Walk-In Shower, and Marble Floors
- Staircase to Full Attic and Back Staircase to Kitchen
- Exposed Ceiling
- Exposed Brick Walls
- Partial Crawl Space
- 32’ x 24’ Oversize 2-Car Space
- Front and Rear Overhead Doors
- Alleyway Access
- Duke Electric
- Vectren Natural Gas
- Indiana American Water
- New Albany Sewers
REAL ESTATE TAXES 2017/2018
- New Albany Township (Annual) — $1,942.94
- Homestead — $45,000
- Homestead Supplement — $47,040
- S. Ellen Jones Elementary
- Scribner Middle
- New Albany High
Place your max bid and let the system bid for you. In the event two bidders have placed identical max bids, the first bid received will be the successful bid.
To prevent bid sniping, last-minute bids will extend individual lots using our ‘soft-close’ functionality.
- If a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes, the lot will remain open for an additional 10 minutes.
- If any further bidding occurs, the extension timer will reset to 10 minutes.
- If no further bidding occurs, the lot closes when the timer runs out.
I-265 to State Street Exit. South 2 miles to left on Elm Street. East 8/10 mile to left on 13th Street. North 2/10 mile to Ekin Avenue. Slight right to straight on Cedar Bough Place. Home on right. Or from Vincennes Street take Ekin Avenue West 3/10 mile to right on Cedar Bough Place.