2:00 PM *
Tuesday, December 12 2023
10% Buyer’s Premium added to the hammer bid price to determine the final purchase price.
Real Estate Terms
A non-refundable down payment, 10% of the Purchase Price (Final Bid + Buyer’s Premium), in the form of cash, check, or wired funds in USD are due within 24 hours following the auction, balance due in 40 days. Buyer to receive clear title. Property is currently non-profit and is tax exempt. The new buyer will resume responsibility for all future taxes. Selling as is without contingencies, all inspections welcomed prior to auction. If you choose to obtain financing, not subject to approval or appraisal. All closing costs are the buyer’s expense. Possession no sooner than 2/1/24. See full details in the Auction Bid Packet.
Monday, November 27, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, December 10, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 12, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Or contact us for a private showing.
Clark & Floyd Counties Convention & Tourism Bureau
Jim Epperson, Executive Director
Selling online to the highest bidder at absolute auction for the Southern Indiana Tourism Bureau, a highly visible commercial complex in downtown Jeffersonville with views of the Louisville skyline. The site features two buildings – the historic 1929 art deco refurbished 2-story limestone Louisville Municipal Bridge toll house building and the Circa 2000 modern designed Southern Indiana Visitor Center building. This is one of Clark County’s premier properties located at the foot of the Clark Memorial Bridge just 2 blocks North of the Ohio River and just minutes to the Big Four Pedestrian Bridge.
- Two Distinctive Architectural Style Commercial Buildings
- Prime Downtown Jeffersonville Location
- Historic Art Deco Louisville Municipal Bridge Office Building
- Modern Symbolic Design Southern Indiana Visitors Center Building
- Paved & Lighted 19-Space Parking Lot
- 0.72 Acre Lot Zoned C-1
- Located at the Foot of the Clark Memorial Bridge
- Two Blocks North of the Ohio Riverfront
- Easy Access to I-65, I-64 & I-71
- Pedestrian Big Four Bridge Access
- 1 Mile to Downtown Louisville
- Wide Variety of Nearby Area Attractions
315 SOUTHERN INDIANA AVENUE & 305 SOUTHERN INDIANA AVENUE
The epitome & style of the art deco period combined with modern architecture & design defines this outstanding 2-building complex in Downtown Jeffersonville selling as a whole to the highest bidder at absolute auction for the Southern Indiana Tourism Bureau.
LOUISVILLE MUNICIPAL BRIDGE BUILDING
- Limestone 2-Story Office Building Built 1929
- 4060 Square Feet on Two Levels
- 2030 Square Foot Full Walkout Basement
- Basement Garage with Wood Carriage Doors
- Period Interior & Exterior Features
- Original Brass Double Door & Terrazzo Tile Entry
- 6 Offices – 5 Bathrooms – Conference Room – Kitchen
- 2 HVAC Systems
- Roof Replacement 2014
- 400 AMP Electric Service
- Louisville Municipal Bridge Limestone Monument
- Paul Phillippe Cret Architect, Philadelphia, PA
- Henry Bickel Co. Builder, Louisville KY
- 1984 National Register of Historic Places
SOUTHERN INDIANA VISITORS CENTER BUILDING
- Enameled Steel & Limestone One Story Building Built 2000
- 2052 Square Feet on One Level
- Semi-Circular 120-Pane Glass Wall Lobby
- Private Office – 2 Bathrooms – Utility Storage Room
- 2 HVAC Systems
- Roof Replacement 2019
- Large Lighted Courtyard with Abstract Sculpture & Flagpole
- Stainless Steel Sculpture by Salvatore Travoro
- Kovert Hawkins Architects, Jeffersonville, IN
- K.M. Stemler Company, Inc, New Albany, IN
- Big Four Pedestrian Bridge
- Ohio River Greenway Paths
- Falls of the Ohio State Park
- Jeffersonville RiverStage
- Thunder Over Louisville Fireworks Show
Indiana American Water Company
City of Jeffersonville Sewers
Spectrum Fiber Internet
Tax Rate – $3.0935 per $100
3% Cap of Assessed Value
Property is currently tax exempt. The new buyer – if not tax exempt, and closes in 2024 – will resume the liability of the taxes due and payable 2026 and all subsequent taxes.
FEMA records indicate that the property is located in Area With Reduced Flood Risk Due to Levee – Flood Zone X.
Parcel # 10-19-00-100-459.000-010
BLK. 20, LOT 16 PT. LOTS 9-15, .653 AC PT. VAC 3RD STREET TIF
Parcel # 10-19-00-100-414.000-010
PT. VAC 3RD STREET BLK. 17
Greater Clark County
I-65 South from Indiana
Take Exit 1 (Stansifer Avenue & 10th Street). At the stoplight, cross Stansifer to continue onto US 31. Veer right for Court Avenue Exit Ramp. Turn left on to Court Avenue. Turn right on to North Shore Drive. At the stop sign, turn Right on to Southern Indiana Avenue.
I-65 North from Louisville
Take Exit 0 (Court Avenue). At the bottom of the ramp, turn left on to Court Avenue. Turn left on to North Shore Drive. At the stop sign, turn right on to Southern Indiana Avenue.