Super Mario Bros. 2 – Wata 9.8 A+ Sealed Video Game Online Auction
6:00 PM EDT *
Tuesday, October 19
10% Buyer’s Premium added to the hammer bid price to determine the final purchase price.
Sales Tax & Foreign Fees
Buyer agrees should state or local sales tax become applicable in the state of their delivery, the Buyer agrees to pay all sales tax and any other fees as required by law. Items purchased may be subject to a value added tax, goods and service fees or any other fees imposed by foreign taxing agencies and if so, the buyer is responsible for paying all such foreign imposed taxes and fees.
- Payment by wired funds in United States Dollars (USD).
- Payment due within 24 hours of completion of auction.
- Merchandise sold as-is.
- Third-party grading service and score provided by Wata Games.
- No returns will be accepted for any reason.
Pick Up / Shipping
- Buyer must arrange for pick-up or shipping within 10 days of auction close.
- Buyer must provide explicit instructions required for all shipping arrangements. Buyer is liable and responsible for all shipping, handling and insurance expenses.
- Merchandise can be picked up or shipped once wire transfer has been completed, instructions have been sent and shipping expenses have been paid for by the buyer.
Patricia Ann Martin Estate
Steve S. Lohmeyer, Attorney
Selling online at auction, a sealed Super Mario Bros. 2 NES video game with a Wata Certified Grade of 9.8 A+. Rated on a scale of 1-10 and C-A++, 9.8 A+ is the second-highest possible score on both scales. This exceptional grade indicates that the seal is in near-mint condition, making it extremely rare. Bid to win, a game of this magnitude does not come around often.
Super Mario Bros. 2 | NES | NINTENDO | 1988
WATA GRADE DETAILS
Overall Grade: 9.8 A+
Seal Grade: A+
Box Grade: 9.8
Wata Certification Number: 580953-001
Grade Date: 05/12/2021
Deep Badge Upgrade
Oval SOQ R
Large Warranty w/ Mexico
9-Digit ZIP (USA Code)
3 Screw Cart
Enhanced Port of the 1987 Nintendo Famicom game “Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic”
Released in Japan as “Super Mario USA”
Produced by Shigeru Miyamoto
Music Composed by Koji Kondo
Cover Artist – Shigeru Miyamoto and GIRVIN.
Auctioneers specialize in rummaging through barns, closets, attics, drawers, basements, and anywhere else overlooked treasures may hide. Thanks to our buyers and sellers we get to do this almost every day.
Earlier this year we found a box of video games in the back of a crowded walk-in closet in Floyds Knobs, IN.
At first glance, it was a comforting wave of classic Nintendo nostalgia. All the classics were there, Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, Qix, and even an NES console. So we did what any children of the 1990s would do: we fired up the console and tested the open games. It was a great day!
At a second glance, it was something else entirely. The seemingly ordinary collection included an extraordinary unopened copy of Super Mario Bros. 2. In May of 2021, the game received a 9.8 A+ rating from Wata Games in Denver, Colorado.
In Super Mario Bros. 2 our heroes navigate multi-level worlds to free the land of Subcon from evil villains. Now a new hero has an opportunity to emerge as this remarkable game hits the auction marketplace for the first time.
To prevent bid sniping, last-minute bids will extend individual lots using our ‘soft-close’ functionality.
- If a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes, the lot will remain open for an additional 10 minutes.
- If any further bidding occurs, the extension timer will reset to 10 minutes.
- If no further bidding occurs, the lot closes when the timer runs out.
Place your max bid and let the system bid for you. In the event two bidders have placed identical max bids, the first bid received will be the successful bid.